Skip to content
Logo Logo

Collingwood House

Collingwood House

Collingwood House is a late 18th century Georgian house, having Grade II* listed building status, at Oldgate. It was the home of Admiral Lord Collingwood from 1791 to his death at sea in 1810. Oldgate is located just behind the clock tower, near the Town Hall

The house is now the presbytery (priest's residence) for St Robert's RC Church

On Trafalgar Day (21st October) each year, the Mayor and Town Councillors of Morpeth drink a glass of grog to the memory of Admiral Lord Collingwood on the steps of Collingwood House


« Back to Visit Morpeth